Sustainability Support Contract for the Army National Guard
Army National Guard (ARNG) Enterprise Sustainability Program Support, Contract No. W9133L-13-P-0048
As the prime contractor we were responsible for supporting the Army National Guard (“ARNG”) Directorate and state National Guards’ (“NGs”) sustainability efforts. This involved providing assistance for the development of a comprehensive program to effectively and efficiently implement Executive Orders (EOs) such as EO 13514 and EO 13693, Department of Defense (“DOD”), Army and ARNG policies and guidance and meet ARNG Readiness, Recruiting and Retention requirements. We provided assistance with ARNG sustainability initiatives and communication efforts onsite, through guidance on energy efficiency, renewable energy and waste minimization efforts at the National Guard Bureau (NGB) and state NG levels.
We guided NGs in the tracking, validation and reporting of energy and water savings. We trained ARNG and NG energy managers, facility managers and administrative personnel on utility billing analyses, energy auditing and energy conservation investment programs. We analyzed state NG utility bills, recommended energy saving opportunities and developed reports based on our energy analysis.
We submitted Monthly Progress Reports to show the support we provided to ARNG related to EO compliance; sustainability training and communication; sustainability strategies and implementation.
United States Forest Service (USFS) Energy Audit Services
Energy Audit Services for the Inyo, Sequoia and Eldorado National Forests, Contract No.: AG-91S8-C-17-0039
The USDA Forest Service (USFS), Region 5, awarded us a prime contract to serve as the qualified energy efficiency industry Data Analysis Provider (“DAP,” aka the Contractor), to provide both data analysis services and the production of energy and water audit reports for three (3) Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) “Covered” Facilities located at two (2) National Forests (i.e., Inyo and Sequoia). USFS also tasked us to provide data analysis services and the production of energy and water audit reports for one (1) Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) “Covered” Facility located at the Eldorado National Forest.
We provided the USDA Forest Service’s Pacific Southwest Region with Energy Audit Analysis Services for the following facilities:
• Inyo National Forest Supervisor’s Office
• Inyo National Forest, Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area Visitor Center
• Sequoia National Forest Supervisor’s Office
• Eldorado National Forest Supervisor’s Office
For each of the facilities listed above we did the following:
• Performed analysis of the data generated by the Energy and Water Opportunity (EWO) Surveys, completed by the California Conservation Corps (CCC) members.
• Evaluated the energy and water savings opportunities for each building surveyed based on available Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) and Water Conservation Measures (WCMs) with the highest Savings to Investment Ratios (SIRs).
• Identified and recommended all applicable ECMs and WCMs that contain a high SIR.
• Recommended cost effective Operation and Maintenance (O&M) energy and water efficiency changes that were similar to current energy and water efficiency ‘Best Practices’.
• Identified rebate and financing opportunities for USFS.
• Developed one Energy and Water Evaluation and Recommendations Report per site that includes information about all buildings within that particular site and is based on the EWO Surveys.
NASA Economic Impact Analysis Services FY2016 & FY2017
Economic Impact Study (EIS) of NASA LaRC & WFF, Contract Numbers: NNL16AE97P & 80NSSC17P1582
We estimated the economic effects of NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) and Wallops Flight Facility (WFF) within their respective regions, the Commonwealth of Virginia and nationwide for fiscal years 2016 and 2017. This estimation supported LaRC in the development of the economic impact section for the 2016 and 2017 Annual Reports.
We analyzed six important questions to determine the economic impact of LaRC and WFF:
What is NASA field center LaRC’s economic impact nationwide?
What is LaRC’s impact statewide in Virginia?
What is LaRC’s impact regionally in the Hampton Roads area?
What is WFF’s impact nationwide and statewide in Virginia?
What is the combined impact of LaRC and WFF nationwide?
What is the combined impact of the two centers statewide?
To answer these questions, we requested data and information from NASA to estimate the direct, indirect, induced and total economic impacts of the two field centers. We modeled the spending information for the two centers in IMPLAN Online 2016 Version to estimate the economic and employment impacts of the LaRC nationwide, statewide and in Hampton Roads and the nationwide and statewide impact of WFF. We summed LaRC and WFF impacts to estimate the combined effects.